Communicating my science is important to me, and I talk at a wide variety of events, both academic and public. If you’re interested in me speaking at your event, please contact me on. A selection of my recent talks can be seen below:
- The Edinburgh Tree Map – An Open Data Story
Presentation at Open Knowledge Edinburgh, Jan 2018.
- QGIS & Edinburgh Tree Data
Live-recorded Talk for the QGIS User Group, Nov 2017. (given by Louise Sing due to illness)
- The Power of Tweets
CEH Public Engagement Talk, Oct 2017.
- Portals & Apps: Exploring the Future of Environmental Science
Public Lecture for The Botanical Society of Scotland (BSS), Dec 2016.
- How Deep Is Your Loch? feat. The Bee Gees
Live-recorded Talk for the QGIS User Group, Nov 2016.
- The UK Lakes Portal & Algal Blooms App
Presentation at the Cumbrian Lakes Forum, Oct 2016.
- Integrating Science and Citizen Science: The UK Lakes Portal
Presentation at SIL 2016 Conference, Torino, Aug 2016.
- Murray & Pullar – History Re-imagined
GIS Update Conference, University of Edinburgh, June 2016.
- Legends of the Deep – Scottish Tales from the UK Lakes Portal
Presentation at the 96th Scottish Freshwater Group Meeting, Apr 2016
- Water of Life? Safeguarding Scotland’s Spirit
GIS Update Conference, University of Edinburgh, June 2015.