My job entails analysing environmental data: finding patterns, relationships, trends and predictive capacity. I now work with freshwater ecosystems, I used to work with forestry. I publish on environmental science, catchment nutrient loading, ecosystem science, spatial interpolation, climate change adaptation, risk and modelling.
- 2014-present: Environmental Data Scientist, Freshwater Ecology group, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
- 2008-2014: Spatial Scientist, Land-use and Ecosystem Services group, Forest Research
- 2007-2008: GIS Operations Engineer, Farrer Consulting, Edinburgh
- 2006-2013: Set up and ran Beats! Design, a web/map company
- 2006-2007: Information Assistant as part of the Go-Geo! metadata project, Edina, Edinburgh
- 2006-2007: MSc Geographical Information Science (with distinction), University of Edinburgh
- 2002-2006: BSc (Hons) Geography, University of Edinburgh
Coding in: Python, Perl, R, SQL, mySQL, PostGIS, Perl, php, HTML5/CSS3, jQuery, geoserver, GDAL, ArcPy, OpenLayers.
For more detail, I’ve got a full summary CV too.